Two mayors originated from Albersdorf: Anton Čežar (known as Janež) and Franz Jakopitsch (known as Ajtone). They led the municipal business from 1906 to 1921. In accordance with the language situation at the time, the meeting records were compiled entirely in Slovenian. The municipal council wanted to introduce Slovenian as an official language, but this failed due to their German-leaning superiors in Klagenfurt.
With the increase in summer tourism, the municipal committee was presented with new tasks, like having to make decisions about building permits and guesthouse licenses.