The independent parish of Schiefling was founded in 1788. In 1899, Stefan Singer, a social reformer and ethnographically active, entered the Schiefling parish as a co-administrator. He was actively involved in promoting equal rights for the Slovenian language and in the founding of the Slovenian Culture Society (1905) and cooperative system (1902). In 1923, with the financial contributions of the local population, two new bells were purchased. There was a heated debate about the language of the inscription. As a compromise, the pastor chose Latin – the language of the church, a decision that embittered the German-minded population.